May 2022 is finally here (and so is Hari Raya! ?). And you know what a whole new month means - more time to check out all the fun, new things to do in Singapore! And to help you out, HHWT's found these 10 best things to do in Singapore this May 2022, so you don't have to look too far for all the cool, fun things to check out in SG. ☺️
Things To Do In May 2022
1. Check Out SG's Pasar Malams
With restrictions loosening, Ramadan bazaars and pasar malams have made their way back to us! ? So if you can't make it to one of the many Ramadan Bazaars in SG this year, no worries! Chances are, there's a pasar malam near you that can fill that bazaar-shaped hole in your heart ? Check out all the pasar malams in Singapore this 2022 here ?
2. Go Camping
From 18 March 2022, camping in Singapore is back! This old pastime was put on pause for the pandemic, but as we accept Covid-19 as an ongoing endemic, restrictions have relaxed. And along with this, camping in Singapore is now allowed!
So if you're looking for a way to have your next camping session soon, you have to check this out. From the camping sites in Singapore, how to apply,all the halal food nearby, and more, this is HHWT's ultimate guide to camping in Singapore ? Check it out here!
3. Treat Your Mom
Mothers’ Day 2022 falls on 8th May this year! From raising us to guiding us, our moms are an important part of our lives. We definitely wouldn’t be here without them ? If you’re thinking of showing your love and appreciation for your mother this mother’s day, why not treat her to a delicious meal? We’ve gathered these 15 eateries perfect for celebrating Mother’s Day 2022. Check them out! ?
4. Lend A Helping Hand
As Ramadan 2022 comes to an end, many of us are going the extra mile to increase our worship! Whether it's going for terawih prayers, observing qiyamullail, or just offering a smile to a fellow Muslim, this month wouldn't be the special month all of us love & anticipate without our acts of worship. So if you're looking for ways to do just that, you've come to the right place. One of the best ways to observe the fasting month is to help communities and individuals in need! We've gathered these 10 ways and places to help communities in need in SG this Ramadan 2022.
5. Enjoy Inspirational Stories
Credit: Courtesy of Fuad & Ferra
If you're looking for something to get you up on your feet and motivated, we've got just the right dosage of inspirational heart-jerkers that will inspire you! Check them out ?:
- This Ex SAF Captain Turned Baker Tells Us How Cancer Changed His Life
- This Is How This 51-Year-Old Quit Smoking During Ramadan
- This SG Man Converted To Islam Immediately After Hearing Surah Al-Fatihah
6. Plan Your Next Trip
Restrictions are relaxing, borders are opening and flights are waiting.... For you! We've been stuck in sunny Singapore for 3 whole years, it's about time we get to explore the world once again ? Check out these travel guides and updates we've gathered recently, it might just help you plan your next trip ?:
- You Can Now Travel Directly To Redang With A Chartered Flight
- Singaporeans Can Soon Take A Ferry Directly To Desaru With New Ferry Terminal Opening
- 23 Things You Need To Know For A Quick Trip To JB (From Personal Experience)
- 8 Johor Bahru Hotels For A Weekend Getaway For Less Than $110/Night (Near Malls, Attractions & Bazaars)
7. Check Out New Halal Food Stores
Alright, so here's the good news: there are LOADS of new halal eateries for you to try out this May 2022. From a new halal Japanese store along Boat Quay to tasty stuffed Bagels, this May might just be the month for a cafe-hopping date! The bad news? You're going to have to keep up with us - there's a lot just to check out in today's list alone ?
- [NEW] Muslim-Owned Bagel Cafe Opens Along Robinson Road SG
- [NEW] Halal Japanese Eatery In Boat Quay SG Serves Yakiniku, Donburi & More
- This Student-Run Food Truck In SG Serves Bentos, Pastries And More From $2
- NEW: The Halal Corner Opens A New Outlet At Haji Lane
- NEW: Fu-Men, Halal Udon Eatery In SG, Reopens New Outlet In Pasir Ris
- NEW: Three WAKER Chicken SG's Outlets Are Finally Halal-Certified
And to be honest, we're not quite sure that's the end of the list yet ?
8. Head Out For A Late Night Ice Cream Sesh
Finished dinner with your friends but the night just doesn't seem over yet? Enjoy the night with a lepak or chill session and sweeten the night up with cold, delicious ice cream! We've found 8 halal late-night ice cream spots, ranked earliest to latest, for your late-night lepak sessions. ?
Note: We've listed the latest opening timings that we could find for 2022. So if you're heading over on another day, you might want to check the outlet's opening hours for that day. Check out the spots here!
9. Celebrate Hari Raya
We know, we know, this is Have HALAL, Will Travel. Many of us here are Muslims, and us Muslims don't need to be told twice to enjoy Eid the right way ? But for the non-Muslims here, do remember: you can celebrate Hari Raya with your Muslim friends, too! Whether it's by heading for a Hari Raya gathering organised by a Muslim loved one (and enjoying all the amazing food ?), or just wishing your friends a Selamat Hari Raya, you'll have loads of fun. If you're not sure how to greet your friends or what the day means to Muslims, check out our guide here! It's filled with Hari Raya greeting translations, what the day is about and more!
For our Muslim brothers and sisters, don't worry, we didn't forget you: check out our next point for all the ways you can cook for Hari Raya! P.S. If you haven't already, you should probably get to booking your Raya prayers. ? Click here to find out how you can do that.
10. Cook Amazing Raya Spreads
Credit: Hj Waliti Hj Marzuki
It's the first time in a long time since we've had many guests over. And after a few years, cooking Hari Raya spreads might just sound like a daunting task. But not to worry. We've got some of the best Raya cooking guides for you - you're not alone! We've also got a delivery guide for you, just in case ?
- 7 Easy Last-Minute Raya Recipes to Impress Your Guests This Eid
- 8 Budget-Friendly & Delicious Recipes You Can Make This Raya
- 7 Halal Eateries That Deliver To Host Your Guests This Raya
Alright - May's going to be a blast. No doubt, no doubt, no doubt! From Pasar Malams and Hari Raya gatherings to all the new halal food eateries - it's going to be a fun-packed month. So be sure to plan carefully!